Thursday, November 12, 2009

HW 21- Art Project

I feel that my art is more of a mirror than it is a hammer. The song talks about how teenagers act and feel towards digital representational devices. They view it as a type of love,or feel like it's something they could never imagine parting from. We tried to get this song to mirror how teenagers feel about digitalization, by using the metaphor of love(or being in a realtionship). Maybe our song could be viewed as an hammer if the person listening viewed the connection we have to digitalization as a problem.Mayb if they recognized this pproblem it could 'hammer' them into changin their ways, or the ways of others.

My song makes me reconsider my view of digitalization.Yes I still think that digitalization has it's bad aspects. However, this song made me consider is there something that we can do about it or is it too late? No matter how much someone would like to resist digitalization, it is everywhere. You may want to eliminate digitalization and DRD's from you life but I feel that this is now impossible. There will always be something keeping you connected to this digitalized world.

I thought it was interesting that we relied on digitalization so much just to make this project.From finding the beat, sharing ideas, recording, to editing we relied on some type of digitalization.We are talking about how teenagers have this love affair with DRD's and how it is potentailly a bad thing. However we are using these DRD's to craft this art.

No comments:

Post a Comment