Sunday, November 1, 2009

HW 15

To Julie,

In your posts 10-14 I appreciated how honest you were in your posts. For example, in post 14 you admitted that at first you didn't like the book "Feed", but you eventually got into it.

In most of your posts, you focus on how you are starting to see technology in a different way.In one of your posts you even say that you think "TECHNOLOGY SUCKS".Your major point seems to be that we can get so wrapped up in these different digital representational devices without knowing it.

I think that you are right on point when you say that technology is making us ignorant, and making our lives seem less meaningful. I already see this in a lot of teenagers today, but its like they don't care because the digital devices and technology that they have is satisfying them at that moment. I found it interesting that you predicted something like this.

I think you could go further and deeper if you developed your idea of what our society would be like in the future if it keeps on the track that it is on. You mentioned that we could end up like "Feed" int he future if we continued with our "selfish human ways". Maybe if you talked about whose selfish ways determines this, the selfish consumers or the selfish corporations that are making these products (and profiting on our ignorance)?

Your Feed B post makes me think about what I could do to stop from being that "selfish human" you described. What can I change about my self now before its too late?

Good Job Julie!!!





To Devin:
Hey Devin, I like how in your posts you state your opinion whether you agree with the excerpt or not (hw#14). You're not afraid to disagree with the 'expert'.

In your posts, you focus on how everything relates to you. Whether its video games, what you think is trash on t.v., or how digitization effects your every day routine, it's always about you.

In your self experiment, you talked about how going without Digital representation devices like your Ipod, really affected your daily routine. Even though I didn't do this as my experiment, I feel like it would drastically effect my everyday routine as well. I listen to my Ipod everywhere I go, and I think I would be somewhat miserable without it.

I agree with julie, I think that if you were to develop this further, you should talk more about the controlling corporations. How do the corporations we have compare to the symbolised ones in "Feed"? How much control do you think they have now? Is it too much?

In HW #12, you mentioned that you thought that "Feed"was beyond a tragedy, but a horror story. This made me wonder if our society is close to this 'horror story' that you described. Also it made me think do people even care, what our society has come to because of the digital representation devices.

Great Job Devin!! you have a really good blog (i think it should be one of the good models).

-Aja

No comments:

Post a Comment