Monday, October 19, 2009

HW 12- Feed A

After reading the book "Feed" by M.T. Anderson, I see a lot of similarities to my lifestyle and the lifestyle of my friends. I feel like this story is more of an allegory of how teenagers act in todays society, but its also apart of a wake up call. I think M.T. Anderson wrote this story partly to show people how society has become obsessed with media.

In the book, the Feed controls everything the teenagers(and most of society) do. Titus and his friends are constantly thinking about what to buy from from places like 1eatherbee and Crotch, just like teenagers today are thinking about what they want or need to buy. Whether its clothes, games, food, or the new hottest digital device, teenagers in the book and our society today are always wanting for something. I feel this has to do with the constant use of advertising. With Titus and his friends, the Feed is always showing them sales and specials at their favorite stores, but also geàring certain products towards them.

No comments:

Post a Comment