Monday, October 12, 2009

HW 11- Self Experiment

The experiment I decided to do was see what would happen if i went without AIM, my blog sites, and Internet in general for a couple of days. Ok, I didn't really choose to do this experiment. My 'G' on my sidekick (the symbol that show you have Internet and AIM service)has not been there for the past week. I decided since this isn't something that I have to make up, I might as well do it for my assignment. On a regular day when I have my'G' I am usually on my phone 24/7. Whether its changing my 'away' on AIM, on facebook, or looking at various blog sites, it seems like I am always on this stupid phone.

I noticed that without these services, I was freaking out. At least 3 times a day i was asking my friends if they had gotten their 'G' back and if they had called t-mobile to complain. Instead of being on AIM and the Internet, I spent most of my time texting. I also noticed that even though I missed these few services, I felt too lazy to get up and use my computer. I felt like this was a torturing experience, but I didn't want to use an alternative way to get what i wanted, so how 'torturing' could it really be. I found this weird and interesting.


After this experiment I feel like the biggest idiot and hypocrite. I feel like in previous posts I pointed out that I wasn't like other teenagers because I didn't spend a lot of time on these digital representation devices, or let them control my life. However I've realized that my phone is MY LIFE. I think that this is something I need to change. Even when I didn't have my AIM or my Internet, I still let it control my life by making me miserable. I think that this experience will change how I spend my time

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aja,

    I liked how you were honest in this post saying you didn't do the experiment but you managed to not be on the internet or use your phone as much because you didn't have a G. In a way that is an experiment because you didnt spend 24 hours on digital electronics. I also like how you called yourself a hypocrite, that was very honest haha :)

    As I was reading I saw that your main point was how you couldn't go a day without your G, and how it affected you in many ways you were even lazy to get up to go use the computer; you expected everything to be convenient to you and be there when you wanted it to be.

    I can connect to your experiment because I went 24 hours with digital electronics and I was happy with them especially since I got my G back. It affected us both in many ways, and I know it effected you major because you would text me every morning Julie do you have your G.

    I think you can use this post for you final Essay because if you take your experiment and connect them with other peoples experiment you can write about how it effects people today and how it will efeect them in the future.

    Good job on the post Aja. Keep it up

    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete