Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HW 7

Question: How does this boom of digitalization affecting you? What do you realize about yourself that you have different digital devices, compared to when you didn't?

Response (Mom): It's affecting me in a positive way. Having these digital devices makes doing everyday things alot more efficient(ex: paying bills etc.). I would much rather be completley digital, than for things to go back to the way they were.
(I didn't think that this was a standard question. But based off of the response I got I think that this is a standard question and response)

As I went around asking people on the street "What do you think our society be without digital devices" and more specifically "How do you think my generation would cope without these devices". An elderly woman on 21 and 3rd told me that "we've had a society without t.v.'s, computers, cell phones etc., so it is possible for us to go back to not having any of these things". She thought that our society made it seem like we are in a whole new lifetime. That "we don't like to think about life without technology because we would rather forget about it. When I asked an elderly patient at my internship what she thought about digitalization, and how it effects my generation, she replied with the simple answer "your generation is socially retarded." She explained that as she reads applicaations submitted by teenagers to her job, the spelling and punctuation is horrible, and they never seem qualified enough. (This seemed like somewhat of a standard answer. I expected somone older to answer like that.)

When I asked my best friend Christopher these same questions, he responded with " I thinkt he shit is hot, but a little scary"(typical lolz). He went on to say that he felt like technology in general would eventually takeover. That we would all be controled by technology in some way, whether it was having little computer chips in us to track our every move, or having everything operated with computers (driving, taking care of kida, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment